Questions to consider before adoption:
- Are you ready to give your pet the education, supervision, attention and care it needs?
- Are you ready to deal with “problems” at home (especially if you are adopting a very young animal)?
- Are you able to have your animal regularly examined by a vet (vaccination, internal and external smears …)?
- Are you ready to provide adequate treatment if your pet needs surgery or has serious health problems?
- Do you have enough space outside or can you walk your dog several times a day?
- What do you do with your pet when you want to go on vacation or have to travel?